September 7, 2008

My love affair with the Mini Cooper continues...

I was researching my carbon footprint-- calculating how much impact my lifestyle has on the environment in terms of the amount of greenhouse gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide. The carbon footprint is a subset of the ecological footprint, which includes all human demands on the biosphere.

Then I found it— the Mini CarFun Footprint. A measure of how fun your car is vs. how much impact it has on the environment. My little orange Chevy Cavalier got a funscore of 43 and a greenscore of 56, for a carfun footprint of 49. (Note: funscore is not a measure of how fun you are as a person.) Mini derived the funscore from a third party survey measuring delight index and fun rating, while the greenscore is a combination of Air Pollution scores from the EPA, MPG and curb weight. My car ranked 95 out of 197.

Of course, this could be improved if I could just have that Mini I've been wanting all along!

Here's the link to calculate your own CarFun Footprint.

No comments: