September 9, 2008

She must, can't not plan.

I've been catapulted into this place of what in the world do I want to do now, how will I make my life successful on my terms? I'm starting with dreams, and then finding ways to work toward them in "real" life.

I always wanted to be a painter— but how in the world would I ever make a living? I took different routes to compromised career path. Now I'm going back. I can make a great living painting if I am on a farm where I have extra time (and inspiration), and where my living is cheap compared to the city but so rich in benefits! I can use that to learn and practice all the skills I would need so that I could be a painter for Pixar. I can seek creative jobs— where I make original content, think of new concepts and design new things. I will be working for myself for a while: making truffles, painting, and starting a website for income. I love to make things, that is my calling. I'm learning how to create content now- it's scary to me, but I'm writing. I also discovered that no one has ever made prickly pear chocolate, hence the truffle-making. Niche markets are awesome. (Emergency Chocolate evolving into grown-up dream form.) I will at the same time be applying for jobs that will give me any future skills that I would need to be a successful artist of any medium or craft I choose, physical and digital.

Its a step backwards from the work myself up the ladder plan I had all figured out. But I really like it so far. I like it so much that the recent, strange couple of weeks some of you have heard about don't rattle me at all! I'm excited about my new direction and believe the new plan will work out beautifully.

I decided to dream about what would be the absolute perfect life, and THEN start to look for ways to get me there. The plan looks solid, with calculated risks I find manageable.

I owe my good friends, a few amazing strangers along the way and myself a great deal of gratitude for the creation of this new plan.

Much love!

No comments: